Friday, February 10, 2012

Creative process

I want to make beautiful things. Lots of them. I want to sew my own clothes that I screen printed and the fabric was bought from organic sheep farmers, I want to knit all of my own scarves, I want to tie-dye everything I own because I love tie-dye, I want to print postcards for everybody I know, I want to fill my days with projects.

I’m overwhelmed* by the amount of ideas I have right now. Ideas for Lilla Barn, ideas for my website, ideas for my blog, ideas for gifts, and ideas for fun beautiful things I want to make.

I want instant gratification. I want to do all of this tomorrow. I want to be surrounded by everything that I made. And I want it to be now.

But I’m going to be patient. The best work I’ve done has taken time. And love. I made lists today of everything I want to do. I’m going to look at those lists tomorrow (after I relax tonight by watching the old version of ‘Pride and Prejudice’). Then I’m going to focus on the ideas that I can’t stop thinking about.

*I guess in the whole scheme of things, this is a pretty awesome problem to have.

1 comment: